What is a Dermal Filler?
A dermal filler is an injection applied to an area of the face to plump the volume and achieve a more desired shape and facial appearance.
Juvederm is a very popular example of a dermal filler, but there are other types used to achieve the look you desire. The best known are also The Restylane family with Restylane Lyft and Restylane Sylk, The Juvederm family includes Juvederm Voluma, Juvederm ultra y Juvederm ultra Plus; We also use Radiesse, Belotero and Sculptra. Our clients from Aventura and surrounding areas love this treatment because it’s easy & ultra-precise!
We love choosing dermal fillers because we can give you exactly what you want and we know it’s safe!
What are the Benefits of Dermal Fillers?
Men and women with thin lips, early signs of wrinkles and creases, and scars – especially from acne – love coming to Aventura for the best dermal filling treatments in our area. This treatment is also great for anyone who just wants to sculpt the skin and enhance the shallow contours of their face. Expect a softer, fuller, and more supple appearance when you choose a dermal filler.
This minimally invasive alternative to surgery has patients hooked because it’s fairly painless & costs far less – financially, and in recovery time – than a surgical face-lift.
How Does it Work?
Dermal fillers work by doing just that – filling the underside of your dermal layer.
It is used to replace loss of facial volume in cheeks, lips and to fill deep folds that develop around mouth with age.
*This treatment type lasts for 6-24 months and in many patients, stimulates collagen regrowth so that return trips are less frequent.
In a 30 minute appointment, you can achieve the exact look you want.
What to Expect from a Dermal Filler
A dermal-fill appointment is typically thirty minutes long and runs in 4 steps:
- We assess your face & map out your treatment In this step, we may take photos, measurements, or other analyses to help us understand your needs. We will mark the desired treatment areas and get to work formulating a solution.
- We cleanse and – if needed – anesthetize the treatment site To prepare the treatment area, we will cleanse the area and slough off any dead skin or residue that might affect treatment results. At this time, we may also apply a cold solution or numbing agent to the area as a local anesthetic, especially for patients with a known intolerance for injections.
- We inject the treatment site with the dermal filler The injection step typically takes 15 minutes but can take longer for patients with a higher concentration of treatment areas. Most patients find this relatively painless especially if numbed.
- Your 3-day recovery begins For a few days you may feel tenderness at the application site. We recommend avoiding direct and prolonged sun exposure and harsh chemical irritants to the skin such as perfumes or insect repellents.
Featured Dermal Fillers
If you would like to schedule a consultation with Aventura favorite beauty Doc, Dr. Vega, contact the Biotech Wellness Center today!
* Disclaimer: Results May Vary.